Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Fill Up Your Life

Have you ever listened to commercials?
Really listened?

They tell you how you aren't pretty enough, skinny enough, own enough, happy enough.

While listening to a commercial, I heard the line "A new you starts with NEW SHOES!"
So thats what's been holding me back from being all I can be! Shoes!

It's sad how commercials can so easily convince us we need something.

The other day I saw a commercial for Lumineers. They said "Never worry about having a brighter smile again!" and I thought, hmm, that sounds great!
Always being self conscious of my smile, what they said hit the nail on the head.
But then I thought about it. Do I really want a whole new smile? Do I want to spend hundreds, maybe thousands of dollars just so my smile is "perfect"?

Look around you. Be thankful for what you have.
Whether you have a small apartment or a large house
A nice new car, or a bicycle
beautiful furniture, or still living with your parents,

this is your life.

Don't let other people, or commercials tell you what you need.
Fill your life with beautiful, meaningful things. With good friends and family. With laughter, and happiness.

Fill your life with love.



What do you fill your life with? Whether its bills, meetings, playdates, tell me in the comments..

No comments:

Post a Comment